All Things Dogs are excited to announce that we’re introducing an annual scholarship, available to all college and university students.
We are inviting all students to submit an original and interesting 1000-2000 word article, on anything dog related. This will provide you with the opportunity to showcase your enthusiasm and love of animals, and will also give you experience in writing which will come in handy for your studies.
All Things Dogs are offering one scholarship per academic year, to the value of $1000, to help aid a student through their studies.
A Bit About All Things Dogs
All Things Dogs was created to help educate people across the world about just that – all things dogs! We publish articles about training needs, dietary requirements, specific dog breed guides and more. You can learn all about us here.
After thinking about the many different ways in which we can make caring for dogs easier, we would also love to provide a scholarship to help those studying animals, or those with a love for dogs, make their dream career more accessible.
What Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic dog person who loves to share their knowledge with others and has a passion for writing.
Ideally you’ll be studying an animal related degree such as animal science, veterinary medicine or animal behavior, however this isn’t a strict requirement. What we are looking for is evidence of your dedication to researching and sharing knowledge with thousands of our readers.
We want you to write a 1000-2000 word article, based around a dog topic of your choice. The topic should be engaging and interesting and can be anything from how to socialize a puppy, to health specific articles.
The more creative and original the subject, the better.
You would be best served having a read through some of the content on our site for great examples of the writing style and tone we are looking for.
Who Is Eligible to Enter?
If you are aged 18 and over, and are enrolled in a college or university then you are eligible to apply for this scholarship. If you’re under 18, you’ll need permission from your parent or legal guardian to enter.
Once you’ve written your article:
- Save it with your name and the topic in the file name
- Send it to [email protected]
- Include proof of your student status and a phone number in the email
- Send it before the closing date – 1st June 2020.
- All entries must be sent from your university email address.
- All entries must be completely original and must not have been published anywhere else.
Terms and Conditions for Scholarship
- Articles should be written in clear English.
- If All Things Dogs does not receive a suitable entry, a scholarship may not be awarded.
- The copyright of each article remains property of the author, but by submitting, you give All Things Dogs the right to publish your article.
- The scholarship winner will have their article published on All Things Dogs and will receive a $1000 scholarship.
- This scholarship is not open to employees or family members of All Things Dogs.
- The judge’s decision is final.
Wishing you the best of luck,
John Woods – All Things Dogs